Pricing and features of our Australian web hosting Plans
All of Red Rook’s linux shared web hosting plans come with our standard web hosting services.
We’ve compiled a list of hosting plan features to help you decide which package suits your personal web page or business.
If you require further details or are unsure on what may best suit you, feel free to phone us on 1800 664 321 or contact us via our contact page.
- Linux Hosting
- Web Storage Space Total amount of disk space allocated to your hosting account for your web site files. In most cases a website does not need much space at all. For example our site www.redrook.com uses less than 80MB! Extra disk space is then allocated to each of your mailboxes (which are on another server), and is not part of your web space usage.
- Monthly Data Transfer FREE Traffic Plans - Red Rook does not charge for data transfer from any of our Australian based servers. We do not set limits on the amount of data that can be downloaded from your website. We don't like to call it Unlimited Traffic, as everything has limits.
- POP/IMAP Mail Boxes The number of email accounts that will accept and store emails on the mail server. You can assign as many Email Aliases (or email addresses) as you like to each Mail Box. If you need more than 1000, please contact us!
- MySQL 5.1 Databases Database support using mySQL 5.1. Management of the databases can be done via the Control Panel or for more complex management via phpMyAdmin.
- Free Shared SSL If you are not sure, or do not know whether you need your own SSL Certificate just yet, but want to use SSL, then feel free to use our Generic Shared SSL Certificate. As an example: for www.redrook.com it may be https://redrook.controldomain.com
- Dedicated SSL Ability to have your own SSL certificate. A Dedicated IP address is required.
- Dedicated IP Option to have a dedicated IP address. Normally only required if you have your own SSL certificate.
- PHP 5 All hosting plans support PHP 5.x and run Apache on CloudLinux for added stability.
- Clustered Servers Red Rook's shared hosting servers are setup in a clustered environment. What this means is, we do NOT run all services on a single server like many hosting companies. Rather, we use individual servers for each of the services running website, mail, mySQL, and the three DNS's.
Some hosting companies sell similar hosting services, but only as a premium service. Red Rook's hosting plans are, therefore, all Premium Hosting Plans! Other web hosts use terms like "Cloud Hosting" which has no clear definition and really can mean anything they want it to mean. In our view, most of those web hosts use the term incorrectly.
The biggest advantage of a Clustered Hosting environment is the ability to isolate server resources like RAM, CPU, disk drive reads and writes, from other servers. Isolating servers means a busy website or mail account will not impact on the performance of your website!
- 24×7 Server Monitoring We monitor all Red Rook servers and network connectivity constantly. If a server fails, we will know about almost immediately, and chances are we are already working on a solution before you even notice it.
- Australian Support Technical Support is Australian, 100% of the time.
- 1800 Emergency In the unlikely event there is an emergency, we can be contacted on our 1800 number any time of day or night.
- Daily Backups Red Rook backs up all customer websites and emails on a nightly basis. These backups are rotated every week. We backup mySQL databases numerous times a day and these are kept for many months.
- Daily Replication Red Rook takes a replica (exact copy) of each server every night. In the event of major hardware failure we are able to bring a server(s) back online on alternate hardware within minutes.
- 99.95% uptime SLA Click to view details of Red Rook's Uptime SLA. (Opens a new Window / Tab)
- 30 day money back We offer a 30 day money back gurantee.
- Monthly* Pay monthly using your Credit Card.
- Quarterly Pay every 3 months using your Credit Card, Bank Deposit, or Cheque.
- Annually Pay every 12 months using your Credit Card, Bank Deposit, or Cheque
- FREE Setup Red Rook does not charge a setup fee. All hosting accounts are setup FREE of charge.