1. Give your site a name
Red Rook can register your chosen “domain” name for you, providing its still available e.g. www.yourname.com.au. Because domain names are administered by another organisation, you may not get your first choice but we will help you search for one that is suitable. Your registration lasts for two years at which time you will have to renew it.
2. Decide what your site is to achieve
– buying, selling, or promoting – and decide what your site is to look like
Red Rook has lots of ideas and plenty of experience in effective web site design. To get you started, we can design any number and/or style of web pages to suit your requirements.
3. Put your new site content on the Internet
The technical term is ‘upload’ it but it simply means people will now be able to view your site on the internet. Red Rook will provide the space to keep it connected to the internet – we ‘host’ it on our server. A server is a dedicated computer that is permanently hooked up to the internet. Once your site is hosted, you also have your own email address that you can give to all your contacts e.g. email@example.com
4. Make sure people find your site when they search for you
There are two main ways people will find your web site:
- Type your domain name straight into their web browser.
- Have your site listed when they search using an internet search engine. Red Rook can submit your site address to the major search engines (Google, Altavista, Yahoo…plus others) and give you sound advice on continuing your promotional campaign, both online and in the “real” world.
5. Keep your site updated
Red Rook can periodically help review your site performance, at no charge, to make sure you are getting maximum return for your money and suggest any improvements. You only have to call us and make an appointment. It’s all part of our ongoing commitment to service.
6. Consider the future possibilities
Red Rook will keep you updated with new developments that may help your business and your venture into the online marketplace more successful.
Simple one page sites, to complex database driven. If you are interested in getting your business or organisation online but are unsure how to create your web site, contact us with your requirements, and we will arrange to discuss in detail the options available and costing for the design and implementation. So if you are in need of a web page but don’t know how to get started or don’t have the time to design your own ask us for free advice on how to get up and running. Red Rook can get your web site established from scratch including web page design and full online functionality. From a simple one page web site to the complex, with multiple pages driven by PHP, Flash, DHTML, or Java.