What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- SEO is the process of creating/modifying a web site to assist with higher rankings with search engines.
- SEO also includes the building of relevant links to/from your website, and other similar tasks that increase the relevancy of your web site to people searching via search engines.
- Red Rook can assist with SEO. Register your interest via our feedback form.
Some Useful SEO Tips
- Ask other web site owners to place a link on their web site directly to yours.
- Offer to place a reciprocal link on your web site.
- Visit online forums and post messages that include your web site address.
- Target web sites that complement yours and have relevant content.
- Use linking words that are relevant.
- Register your web site with search engines (usually a free service).
- Look for a link like “Add your Site” or “Submit URL” (or similar).
- It can take up to 6 months for your web site to be listed.
- Consider the services of an SEO expert.
Think Long And Hard About Keywords
- Having the right keywords can make-or-break the success of your web site
- In choosing keywords, consider what words your potential customers might use in searching for a product or service like what you sell. If you don’t know which words, do some research by asking your existing customers for suggestions.
- Don’t overload your web site with keywords.
- Wherever possible, choose words that might be unique to your business/web site AND your potential customers might use to search.