There are a number of things to consider:
- Make it easy to spell and so it spells the same way it sounds e.g. redrook.com would be better than reddrook.com
- If you wish to register a .au domain, do you have either a business name or product etc. that is similar to the proposed domain name? The registering body will require proof e.g. an ABN or ACN.
- Try to avoid non-alphanumeric characters…and probably avoid numerals altogether.
- Always apply the “keep it simple” principle.
- Register your domain name initially for at least 2 years. There are indications that domain names registered for only one year are not as “Google-friendly” as those registered for more than one year.